New Jersey Transfer Car Title

Do you need to transfer your car title in New Jersey? If a NJ car title is currently in your name, but should be amended, learn more about the process and get started by following the steps below.

Sponsored Link Ad

1: Get Started with Online Application Assistance

Application assistance services can simplify the process for many DMV related services for a fee, including: renewing your license, applying for a license, registering a vehicle, replacing your license, changing your address and more. Other benefits include an ongoing monthly newsletter and a quarterly magazine covering important updates that affect drivers, important safety tips, trends, legislative updates and ways to save money on vehicle-related services.

2: By mail

Some drivers prefer to handle the renewal process by mail, rather than taking advantage of assistance services, visiting the DMV in person, or via available online services. Service by mail is available with limitations. Read below for additional details or visit your local DMV.

3: Via a DMV office

If your specific needs require an in-person visit, most, if not all, driver license services can be handled at your local DMV office. Varying DMV offices sometimes supply different types of services so you will need to check before your visit to make sure the DMV closest to you provides the service you require. In addition, you can call to see if your DMV allows you to make a personal appointment.

New Jersey Car Title Transfers

Whether you are buying or selling a vehicle, it is vital to transfer the title in the state of New Jersey. This must be done in order for the new buyer and receiver of the vehicle to obtain legal ownership. Just as one must change their name or address whenever there has been a change, it is crucial that the current owner of the vehicle has the appropriate information on the car title for legal reasons. As car titles can give the owner access to such amenities as car title loans, this is not a mistake that you can afford to make. Furthermore, if you bought the car from a private vendor, it is your duty to get it titled, and you must do so with this form: